About THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING: The Realities of the Zombie Apocalypse in American Culture, Revised and Expanded Edition
From award-winning author Kelly J. Baker (Sexism Ed, Grace Period) comes an account of how the U.S. fascination with zombie apocalypses has shaped American culture, including the rise of doomsday preppers, the ongoing fascination with guns, the military’s use of zombies in training exercises, and more.
Praise for THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING:
“Reveals the deep ambivalence about modern culture the zombie apocalypse obsession suggests.” -W. Scott Poole, award-winning author of Monsters in America: Our Historical Obsession with the Hideous and the Haunting.
“Baker reminds us that apocalyptic fantasies have always been part of the popular American imagination.” -Kathryn Reklis, author of Theology and the Kinesthetic Imagination: Jonathan Edwards and the Making of Modernity
- Author: Kelly J. Baker
- Title: THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING: The Realities of the Zombie Apocalypse in American Culture, Revised and Expanded Edition
- Publication Date: June 1, 2020
- ISBN Paper: 978-1-947834-49-1
- ISBN Ebook: 978-1-947834-50-7
- Distributed through Ingram