Who are you?
- You have a manuscript that is polished and ready to go, between 50k and 80k words.
- You have strong social media skills and a willingness to help get your book in the hands of readers.
What are we looking for?
- As you can read in our statement of beliefs, we believe that great writing is not limited by genre. We are interested in books ranging from literary fiction to romance to thriller and everything in between—all brought together by compelling storytelling.
- We are interested in own voices. (“Own voices” means that if you are writing about a trans* character, you are a trans* person. If you are writing about an American Indian character, you are American Indian. If you are writing about a disabled character, you are disabled. And so on.)
- We are interested in narratives that center those who are normally excluded from or marginalized in stories.
- We are, by the way, unabashedly feminist, anti-racist, anti-ablest, pro-LGBTQ, and pro-social justice.
Please follow these submission guidelines
- Submit a query letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use this email subject line: Query for [Imprint Name]: [Title of your book] by [Author Name]
- Include in your query letter the following items: a brief synopsis of your novel, a short bio, how you found out about us, and anything else you think is relevant to your submission
- Include the first 10 pages of your manuscript with your submission
- PASTE everything into the body of your email—NO attachments, please
- NOTE: We do not consider manuscripts fewer than 50k words or greater than 80k words
To hear early announcements about our reading periods, subscribe to our TinyLetter.