We’re Going to Make a Great Team.
Blue Crow Author Services (BCAS) provides services to authors at all stages of their publishing careers. The purpose of BCAS is to provide professional, high-quality services to all authors, whatever their final goals may be.
We help authors who seek to be published by large houses and small presses, who seek to publish independently, and who may never seek to publish at all.
Note: If you previously submitted your book to Blue Crow Books, we are happy to refer you to one of our excellent colleagues who provides author services. See the FAQs below for more information.
We assist in all of the phases of the publishing process.
You can hire us to help you with any of the challenges you face along the path to publishing your book.
- Manuscript: We can coach you as you write your manuscript. If you have a finished manuscript, we do developmental editing, copyediting, line editing, and proofing.
- Submitting your book: We can help with agents, publishers, query letters, synopses, and book proposals.
- Cover Design: We do professional cover design, both ebook and print. We have a professional graphic designer in house with 20 years of experience.
- Interior Production: We can do interior book layout for ebook and print.
- Pre-Publication Marketing and Distribution: We can help independent authors with all of the steps required to distribute and market your book before publication, including acquiring ISBNs for your titles, writing back cover copy for your book cover and for Ingram/distributor websites, acquiring endorsements for your cover and distribution channels, submitting to contests and trade reviews, acquiring a Library of Congress number, choosing the best distribution channels, setting pricing, and more.
- Post-Publication Marketing: We can help both traditional and independent authors with a variety of marketing tools, including bookmarks and other swag, digital marketing tools, social media, websites, and more.
Q. What are “author services”?
A. Author services refers to freelance professional assistance to help you bring your book to print.
Q. Are you a hybrid publisher?
A. No. Hybrid publishers, also known as “vanity presses,” require authors to pay money in order to publish their books. Often, with hybrid publishers, authors sign a book contract, hand over some or all of the rights to their books, pay the costs of publishing and marketing their book, and then earn some royalties from sales.
Q. How is Blue Crow Books related to BCAS?
A. Blue Crow Books is a traditional publisher. BCAS is author services. The two do not mix. In fact, authors who make use of BCAS may not later submit their books for consideration by Blue Crow Books. And, no author who has submitted their book for consideration by Blue Crow Books may hire BCAS. If you have submitted your book to Blue Crow Books and need author services, we have many colleagues to whom we may refer you.
Blue Crow Books and Blue Crow Author Services are operated by Blue Crow Publishing, LLC.