Blue Crow Books believes Black Lives Matter.
- We believe that publishing has an affirmative duty to publish Black authors, which means that we cannot wait for Black authors to come to us; we must proactively seek Black voices.
- We must mention in our guidelines that we seek and support and welcome and WANT Black authors.
- We must reach out to Black authors and request their work.
- We believe Black authors have value when they write about anything, not just race.
- We must educate ourselves about Black authorship and voices to understand the diversity and long cultural history of Black stories.
- We believe publishers must hire and mentor Black editors.
- We believe the duty to change publishing belongs to white people.
- We believe the only way to change publishing is to change ourselves, as white publishers, actively and deliberately.